[Discuss] Verizon phasing out copper

Tom Metro wrote:
> Today I received a letter from Verizon...saying "Verizon is
> replacing telephone wires and removing obsolete equipment to ensure
> long-term service reliability for our customers. To avoid future
> service interruptions we'll need to move your telephone service to
> our new fiber network. This will be done at no charge to you and you
> will keep the same voice service at the exact same price you're
> paying now."

I never responded to the letter, and today I received a robo call from
Verizon saying, "Hi this is Candy, Verizon Operations Manager for
Massachusetts, there have been [garbled] issues in your area recently,
and we want to apologize if you have been inconvenienced. To better
serve you we would like to transition your phone service to our FIOS
network. There is absolutely no charge to make this transition. You will
keep the same voice service at the same rate you're paying now. One of
our expert technicians will complete the work and insure that your
service is working properly. Please call..."

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA