[Discuss] personal email hosting

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Tom Metro <tmetro+blu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe MailRoute used to be priced more economical years ago - more
> like $30/year per domain, rather than per mailbox. Now their pricing is
> designed to match Postini, a filtering service Google acquired and is
> soon discontinuing. I'm not sure what MailRoute charges for aliases nor
> whether include address extensions (user+ext or user-ext at domain.com) in
> the cost of a mailbox, or if you have to buy a mailbox for each.

My company uses a service called Katharion ( http://www.katharion.com/
) for off-site mail filtering and I've been very happy with them.
They work on a per mailbox pricing scale that varies depending on how
many mailboxes you need service for.  You can include multiple domains
and all the users for all the domains will be included in one total.
We pay less than $1 per mailbox per month for over 100 mailboxes.

Will