[Discuss] Low Cost Internet?

Shirley M?rquez D?lcey wrote:
> FreedomPop is using the Clearwire network, as is the new incarnation of
> NetZero, so comments about Clear coverage will also apply to them.

My understanding is that FreedomPop is/was using Clearwire's network,
but will be using Sprint's network:

http://www.freedompop.com/about.htm

  FreedomPop's high speed wireless internet service runs on Clearwire's
  4G WiMax network. The service will expand to include Sprint's 4G LTE
  network in 2013.

In some parts of the country this roll-out has already happened. For
example, last week's "Before You Buy" (twit.tv) had a brief review of
FreedomPop's portable hotspot and service, which they claimed was
operating on Sprints network there in California.

I checked there site a few months ago and the coverage suggested they
weren't using Sprint's network in the Boston area at that time. This may
have since changed.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro