[Discuss] Rejecting vs. bouncing with postfix

Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com> writes:

> Rich Braun wrote:
>> relayhost = (redacted)
>
> This is your problem. relayhost is where Postfix forwards (relays) mail
> when the specified recipient isn't local (read: does not exist in any of
> your local maps).

    Good catch.

    relay_recipient_maps.  REQUIRED for any postfix configuration with
relays set, or you are part of the problem.

    The map(s) must *fully enumerate* which addresses to accept.  There
is, unfortunately, no magic here, as everbody's mail system is wildly
different (e.g. the one for my mind-numbingly simple setup is 2500 lines
long, but blessedly computer generated from my alias file, password
file, and mydomains list on the primary).