[Discuss] Publish or Perish - coming to sw dev & IT operations

Rich Braun wrote:
> employees to contribute into open-source?  Is this a good thing, or will it
> just lead to a new generation of employable super-stars and leave everyone
> else out in the cold?

Superstars make for terrible employees. They're expensive, they lack
loyalty, they demotivate the existing talent, and they're not team
players. Clueful employers know this.

I'm sure that there will be companies that rely on Gild's system. These
companies will skyrocket from the initial talent burst and then crash
and burn when they fail to sustain it. And then Gild will become a tool
that employers use to weed out the superstars and prima donnas.

--
Rich P.