[Discuss] Verizon phasing out copper

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 07:19:56PM -0400, Richard Pieri wrote:
> Dan Ritter wrote:
> >You have a right to complain to your PUC about this; once they
> >switch you to FIOS, they may solve these problems, but you lose
> >your right to complain.
>
> You lose nothing. If telephone service is regulated by your state or
> local PUC or DPU then the medium used to provide you with that
> service does not matter. It's a public utility.

I quote

http://www22.verizon.com/idc/groups/public/documents/adacct/termsofservice.pdf

1 a.

Verizon FiOS Digital Voice Service is a residential voice service. For
purposes of this Agreement, the term Service shall mean Verizon
FiOS Digital Voice Service, including all software, equipment and other
features, products and services provided by Verizon under the Calling
Plan that you selected.

12 a.

The Service is not subject to regulation by a state public
utility commission or other state utility regulatory authority.

Res ipsa loquitur.

-dsr-