[Discuss] The broader impact of Google Fiber

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:18:11PM -0400, Tom Metro wrote:
> This article suggests that even though only a tiny population has
> benefited from Google Fiber so far, it has already had a larger effect
> on boosting competition from existing providers and spurring them to
> improve service.

And along the same lines, Harold Feld:

http://tales-of-the-sausage-factory.wetmachine.com/google-fiber-and-the-next-stage-in-the-evolution-of-t-goog/

with some insight on what Google hopes to get out of Google
Fiber (and, although he doesn't mention it, Google Glass).

-dsr-