[Discuss] SVN server - What hardware do I need?

If the concern is that using VNC to connect to a desktop session
*on the SVN server* will drag down performance, the obvious answer
is to host the desktop sessions elsewhere.

Give users a desktop machine in the office that they can do their
builds on and can access remotely via VNC, or perhaps run a separate
"desktop server" for multiple users to access remotely, and keep the
VNC sessions off the actual SVN server.

That way the SVN server can dedicate all its resources to SVN.