[Discuss] FOSS email that doesn't suck -- does such a thing exist?

--On Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:24 AM -0400 Bill Cattey <wdc at MIT.EDU>
wrote:

> I'm interested in hearing how Mulberry holds up.  I just checked out the
> site, and sadly it looks like it's not been touched since 2007.

So far, so good. It's been solid. It's... different from what I've been
conditioned to expect. For example, there is no Trash folder. That's a POP
thing. Mulberry does "mark as deleted" and "expunge" as defined by the IMAP
specifications.

Don't take the lack of active development as a bad thing. Mulberry doesn't
need a lot of general improvement, and bolting on enhancements doesn't
necessarily make for a better program.

But as a matter of fact, Cyrus has been doing a little bit of work on a 4.1
release. Active work, what little there is, has moved to Github.

> Apple mail comes closest, but sometimes I just get so frustrated, I feel

Apple Mail has fallen into the "let's make Macintosh just like iPad"
mentality that's suffused OS X for the last two major releases.

--
Rich P.