[Discuss] Tiny Tiny RSS

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 09:46:22AM -0400, Rich Pieri wrote:
> The tt-rss documentation is very sketchy. It presumes that you already
> know how to configure the MySQL or Postgresql to be the working
> backend. Fortunately it isn't difficult, there are several writeups on
> how to do it, and tt-rss is currently in Debian Sid which will
> eventually make it that much easier.

That wasn't too difficult. The hardest part was that it didn't
work -- well, 1.7.3 didn't work, and shortly after I asked for
help 1.7.4 was released.

It looks pretty good. Minimal, where Feedly is maximal and Reader started
off minimal and got more elaborate. Multi-user or single-user with a
simple config change. Includes a display mode for mobile devices that
is slightly clunkier than Reader's mobile mode, but on the same order
as the Reader app.

tt-rss appears to be pickier about feeds than Google was; on the
other hand, it happily identifies and groups all the feeds with
problems and asks you to fix or delete them.

-dsr-