[Discuss] Google Reader Retiring

    >> On 3/13/13 20:09 , Chris O'Connell wrote:

    >>> Now I'm in a pickle.  I use Google Reader on ALL of my
    >>> devices... Anyone know of any substitutions?

    Gordon> Digg and feedly are both allegedly working on direct clones
    Gordon> of Google Reader. A friend has also mentioned liking
    Gordon> NewsBlur.

After reading the kerfuffle yesterday, I went to feedly and told it to
connect to my google reader account and spent about 10 minutes finding
the buttons to make it look more like google reader.  I have now closed the
google reader tab and I'm reading all my feeds from feedly.

I don't know whether I'll have to do something new and different when
google reader actually shuts down, but for now it isn't a problem.  They
claim they will have it covered.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

A pro basketball player named Micheal (yes, that's the way he spells
it) Ray Richardson once famously said of the New York Knicks
franchise: "The ship be sinking."

When a reporter asked him how far it could sink, Richardson reportedly
replied: "Sky's the limit."

Quoted by Op-Ed Columnist Bob Herbert in the New York Times, July 12, 2008