[Discuss] Launch Shortcut as Sudo

On 03/12/2013 01:27 PM, Chris O'Connell wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've created a nice little script on my BackTrack laptop.  I put an icon to
> launch the script on the desktop, but I'm having two odd problems:
> 1. when I double click the icon the script I'm asked if I want to "Run in
> Terminal" or just run.  Either one I pick the script never appears on the
> screen.
> 2. Second, I need to ensure the script runs as the super user.
I really should know how to do this after using Linux for so long, but
it's one of those things that's just proving frustrating.
Generally scripts need to run in terminal.
Sudo requires an active tty port. It has security measures so that it
can't run inside of a script.
You have to comment out this in /etc/sudoers:
Defaults    requiretty

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix