[Discuss] [OT] Migrating domain to Google?

I am looking at migrating my domain name and my two email boxes from
another provider to google.

For those who have done it, how difficult was it to have Google import
your old mail from:

1: A non google address?

2; A <user>@gmail.com address?

Keeping people/dates intact of emails and mailbox subfolders on the
google domain side?

Anything to be careful of?

Thanks.

Scott