[Discuss] Ext4, ugh! Re: Disk recovery utilities - dealing with deleted files

On 02/05/2013 02:27 AM, Tom Metro wrote:
> Rich Braun wrote:
>> There are a handful of well-documented utilities available for recovering ext3
>> volumes, and pretty much nothing for ext4.  The ones that claim support for
>> ext4 give no meaningful debugging output, and rely solely on contents of a
>> journal that's apparently gone.

I mistakenly replied to an un-effected poster yesterday
regarding disc recovery using Testdisk. It comes with almost
every distro and I've used it to recover data on failed
disks a number of times.
Their web page is useful for reference as they document a
number of recovery scenarios.

I would give testdisk a try.

Jim K-R