[Discuss] Interesting rant about Gnome 3

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 01:39:07 -0500
Tom Metro <tmetro+blu at gmail.com> wrote:

> In this case the market fragmented and we ended up with splinters
> instead of a fork.

Not so much fragmented as Canonical finally getting fed up enough with
the Gnome developers' antics to go their own way. The major Gnome
distributors like Red Hat are on board with Gnome 3.

> Maybe the problem is that the changes were slow - spread out over 5+
> years - so there was no pronounced inflection point to push developers
> in mass to a single forked project.

More like 13+ years. How long has it taken for the window placement
fix to be merged into the main source tree? Oh, wait, it still hasn't
been accepted because window placement isn't broken. So sayest Gnome
Central.

--
Rich P.