[Discuss] XFCE

Dan Ritter wrote:
> I would point to XFCE as the modern desktop successor to such
> things...

As someone, who I presume has spent time with GNOME 2 (and if not,
perhaps someone else can address this), what bits of functionality do
you expect a long term GNOME 2 user would miss after switching to XFCE.

Obviously you've made the switch (or otherwise chosen XFCE over GNOME 2
and GNOME 2-like desktops), and thus don't see any of that missing
functionality as important, so I'll ask you to look at it from the
perspective of a typical user, if that males a difference.

> a session manager to handle X startup and persistence

And does it work well?

I think around 2007 was the last time session persistence worked decent
in GNOME.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro