[Discuss] Home NAS redux

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Edward Ned Harvey
>
> > From: Mark Woodward [mailto:markw at mohawksoft.com]
> >
> > I take offense to a license that allows someone to take
> > my intellectual property that I have intentionally shared and deny
> > others the benefits I intend. That is theft.
>
> CDDL doesn't allow that either.  MIT does.

Actually, if I write some code under MIT, and if Mark modifies it and distributes his derivative product closed-source, and Jerry receives a copy of Mark's product that was built from my code...  Jerry can still obtain my code directly from my site if he wants to.  The only thing he can't get is the modifications that Mark made.  So even the MIT license doesn't magically create a way for the above described "theft" scenario to occur.