[Discuss] [OT] iOS from a power user's perspective

Worth a look: an up & coming gesture recognition device:

https://leapmotion.com/

<quote>
The original inspiration behind Leap Motion came from our frustration with 3D modeling. Molding clay took 10 seconds in real life but 30 minutes with a computer. The mouse and keyboard were simply getting in the way. Since available technology couldn't solve our problems, we created the Leap Motion controller.

But with the Leap Motion controller, 3D gesture control has finally made out of the lab and into real life. Typing? Seriously? That's fine for writing a novel. But it's hardly the most natural, intuitive way to communicate. The ability to control any application with nuanced hand and finger movements is already transforming the way we interact with computers. And we're just getting started.
</quote>
I can see how the hardware can be easily integrated into a tablet - it mostly requires multiple (same-side facing) cameras, which are getting cheaper and smaller by the day and the processing horsepower needed for this is already there.
-Nilanjan