[Discuss] OSS licenses

My snarky take on some of the major choices:

GPL v2 or v3: You choose to use this license when you want to use your
software to make a political statement.

Sun CDDL: You choose to use this license when you want to flip the bird
at the FSF.

Mozilla MPL: You choose to use this license when you want to be subtle
about flipping the bird at the FSF.

BSD 2-clause and related: You choose to use this license when you
don't care who uses your software or how they do it as long as you get
credit for it.

Public domain: Not a license at all but a forfeiture of all rights to
the work. You choose this option when you don't really care about any
of the above, or you choose this option when you want to make a
statement against copyright, copyleft and software licenses.

--
Rich P.