[Discuss] GPL and code linkages

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 02:24:57PM +0000, Edward Ned Harvey (blu) wrote:
> To further the "you need a lawyer" with "you don't need a lawyer,"
> you gotta ask yourself, in the event of somebody pressing charges
> against you, *who* would press the charges?

No one is pressing charges. =8^) That is a criminal action; the remedy
here is a civil court case, unless the licenses involved do not allow
redistribution at all... in which case piracy charges could be
brought.

Anyone who felt wronged could bring a civil suit.  In this case,
either the Drupal folks or the FSF would have the most viable claims
(if there was any actual violation).  You could sue also, if you were
so inclined, on the same grounds that the FSF would use, being not the
copyright holders: infringing is a detriment to the community.

-=-=-=-=-