[Discuss] [ OT ] iPad battery

My mother has an iPad that she plugs in all the time when she is not
using it. My question is does it hurt to keep the iPad plugged in even
when it is at full charge. AFAIK, most computers and smartphones have
circuitry to prevent battery damage and over charging. My mother was
told not to keep it plugged in all the time.

Basically in general the worst thing you can do with a Lithium Ion
battery is to run it all the way down, and most systems with shut down
at about 20%

One caveat is that the charger is always drawing power, so the electric
meter is running even when the charger is not plugged in to the device,
which is more of a green issue than anything else.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix