[Discuss] Disabling UEFI and dual booting Linux and Windows

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 16:47:59 -0500
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:

> The latest information I have from a software professional who is on
> this list and who does work with UEFI is that non-server Windows 8
> systems will not boot into Windows 8 if UEFI is disabled. Server or

Interesting. Work with me, here because I'm not completely convinced.
Secure Boot is a UEFI Boot option. It has its own set of approved
(signed) devices, arguments, etc., separate from normal UEFI Boot. My
suspicion is that disabling Secure Boot also disabled the Secure Boot
settings leaving no boot options configured. I've been bitten in the
past by similar behavior so I suggest it is a good idea to confirm the
correct boot settings.

If I am wrong then I can't confirm it for myself. I only have Windows 8
Enterprise to test.

--
Rich P.