[Discuss] TrueCrypt on a network Drive

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 07:33:41 -0700 (PDT)
aldo albanese <aldo_albanese at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You are a great group, thanks you. ?This user is extra paranoid and
> would like her network drive encrypted. ?She is the only one mounting
> and using the drive. ? I saw the option for backup the volume header,
> does it work in case of a disaster? ?I will test the other two
> program you suggested.

No. The header is the encrypted container header. It has nothing to do
with the file system data.

TrueCrypt containers on network shares is unreliable unless users are
diligent about correctly mounting and dismounting them. One simple
mistake can ruin the entire file system. You've seen the results of
such a mistake first hand.

Long story short: don't put TrueCrypt containers on network shares. Use
something else like EncFS as Ned suggested.

--
Rich P.