[Discuss] What the use of .bashrc

Interesting. I had written my own, ages ago, but I made them two
separate functions. Also, they work not only for PATH, but for
any similar environment variable such as MANPATH, CLASSPATH, etc.

I never made them check for a pre-existing instance, though; they were
simple one-liners. Thanks for the tip; I'm updating them to do that.

Usage:

    prepend-path PATH /path/to/bin
    append-path PATH /path/to/bin

prepend-path() {