[Discuss] web server can't see out but others can see in

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Tom Metro <tmetro+blu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rich Pieri wrote:
>> 1:1 NAT maps a single internal IP address to a single
>> external IP address. With a VirtualBox guest the guest's network
>> interface is also the host's network interface. Using 1:1 NAT in this
>> environment means exposing the host's interface to public network
>> traffic.
>
> VMs have networking options that let you chose between bridged and NAT
> connections between the host and guest. One thing Eric should clarify is
> whether the NAT setup is something set in an external firewall
> appliance, or was it part of the VM setup.

Hi Tom,

VM is set to bridged adapter with a static ip.  The cisco router has
the vm's ip set to 1:1 NAT.

As a work around I put the site up on some shared hosting we have
until I can overcome my current networking woes.

At the moment I think my problems are due to comcast business SMC
Networks provided router.

A crazy place called the Internet => comcast provided smc networks
modem / router => cisco small business router => company lan

The smc device doesn't have a bridge mode so I turned off dhcp and set
the cisco as a static ip in the dmz.  There aren't that many of
combinations of options on the smc device.  I've probably tried all of
them without success.  Monday I'll contact comcast and ask them for a
router that isn't as old as I am.  ;)

Thanks,
Eric