[Discuss] FPU differences based on different chips.

We've got a situation where on a single monte-carlo simulation, there is
a difference between a result using a Xeon E5530 2.4G and a E5570 2.93G.
In gleaning out some details, the E5530 is a VMware ESX where I think
the E5570is a physical machine.  I've suggested that the guy run another
test on a system on another VMware server (with an E7 - 8870).  In this
product the engineer is testing, there are many different simulations,
but only one is showing a difference (about 5 or 6 decimal places.
Additionally, there is a random number generator involved. We've also
got a few different versions of RHEL (5.2, 5.4, and 5.8).

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix