[Discuss] Google wants images of my passport, driver's license, bank statement, etc.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Ben Eisenbraun <bene at klatsch.org> wrote:
> Probably what Google should do is start capturing keystroke dynamics in
> their HTML form fields for logged in users and slowly build a database
> of biometric information for their users. Ah, then they can do some
> facial and voice recognition when people are using hangouts, put all the
> information together and identify and authenticate everyone/everywhere/all
> the time!

That's a great idea.  There's no way this information could ever be misused.

Location: NIS Headquarters, internal

Lackey: "Sir!  We're detecting an insurgent using a terminal in
Montana!  He's typing the word... "escape".  Their keystroke pattern
and timing matches 150 people, two of whom are known rabble rousers.
Permission to dispatch Future-Tech Death Drones?"

Steam and smoke puff ominously from The Overlord's chair as it turns
slowly to face the camera.

Overlord: "Permission... granted."

Overlord and Lackeys all cackle in maniacal glee as a rancher (who is
trying to figure out how his cattle keep escaping his electrical
fences) is liquified by flying insect-like machines with the US flag
and the words "Freedom Through Obedience" painted on them.

-Dan