[Discuss] GnomeOS

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 03:37:35PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 12:23 -0400, Mark Woodward wrote:
> > Similarly, I think the latest Gnome is more about "how it looks"
> > than it is about "how it works," and this makes it a pretty but useless
> > mess.
>
> I'd disagree; there's a lot of complicated functional changes we're
> trying to make.  For example, unifying input method configuration with
> keyboard layouts.

My initial reaction to this idea is negative...  But I suppose I
should ask what this really means before I make any judgements.  My
specific concern is that I, as a native English speaker who also has
occasion to write Korean, and very infrequently also Japanese or
Chinese (very limited, I don't really speak either language at all),
absolutely want to be able to configure my IME to handle all 4 of
those languages, but absolutely DO NOT want my keyboard layout to be
Korean, Japanese, or Chinese.  If your changes make that hard (or
impossible), you (Gnome) will make me rather irritated.  Again.

-=-=-=-=-