[Discuss] GnomeOS

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 02:36:00 -0400
Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:
> If that's the best Gnome can do, am I allowed to scoff? It's not like
> we're asking Gnome to invent or design anything new. I'd be happy for
> Gnome to just copy a bunch of service patterns from Android and
> MacOSX.

MO: I'd rather they not copy Macintosh just to copy Macintosh. They did
that with Gnome 2 and it was a disaster. The copiers don't understand
what they copied so the changes they enacted made things worse than if
they had left things alone.

Colin: You have every major Linux distribution other than Red Hat
abandoning Gnome because the developers are focused on "complicated
functional changes" instead of usability. You ignore users' requests.
You ignore their needs. You ignore their patches because they don't
fit your grandiose visions. And Gnome withers and dies.

MO: Yes, you're allowed to scoff. :)

--
Rich P.