[Discuss] GnomeOS

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 12:23:30 -0400
Mark Woodward <markw at mohawksoft.com> wrote:
> Does this help or hurt Gnome? (Does it matter?)

I think it doesn't matter.  GnomeOS is a waste of time.  It's a bunch
of work intended to make it easier for other developers to make and
deploy Gnome 3 applications.  Which is all well and good but it misses
the target.  It doesn't matter how easy it is to make Gnome 3
applications when users don't want to use Gnome 3.

I say it doesn't matter because this is business as usual at Gnome.
The Gnome leadership hasn't cared about usability since GNOME 1.2.
GnomeOS won't help Gnome since it fails to address the most egregious
problems with the leadership.  It won't hurt Gnome any more than said
leadership has already managed.  At worst it might slow Gnome's final
demise and at best it might accelerate it slightly.  Either way, Gnome
is dying and GnomeOS won't save it.

--
Rich P.