[Discuss] GnomeOS

An interesting move over at Gnome. They've announced "GnomeOS"

Ubuntu is going to drop Gnome as the primary desktop, as is Debian, and
a couple others I believe. Because of this there was a lot of
speculation as to whether Gnome was even relevant.

Does this help or hurt Gnome? (Does it matter?)

I am sort of thinking that Gnome needs to re-evaluate the desktop and
understand why 3.0 is so poorly received. I reverted to "gnome classic"
because the current Gnome desktop is unusable. I feel that Gnome is
doing to itself what KDE did to itself years ago by "improving" the
desktop so much that it was unusable.

I think eye-candy can be cool, but in many ways, it is like special
effects in a movie. A movie that is primarily a showcase for special
effects is typically horrible. A different movie with no fewer special
effects can far better as long as the special effects support a good
story. Similarly, I think the latest Gnome is more about "how it looks"
than it is about "how it works," and this makes it a pretty but useless
mess.

Does anyone use and like the latest Gnome desktop?