[Discuss] google voice

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Guy Gold
>
> I have Gvoice ringing multiple phones (what's called a
> 'simultaneous hunt group')  for a while now. The are a few offsets,
> example : one of your cellphones is in a bad reception area, and its
> VM answers, - the call will go to that VM. its a 'first-answer' gets
> the call. . Same for the one phone on that list - that has the fastest
> VM answer time.

There are some places that I never want to receive voicemail (at work) but I want the phone to ring.  The best setting is to disable voicemail at these locations, or just set the timeout to like 30 rings or 60 seconds or something, in order to guarantee my cell will go to VM first.

Sometimes (metropcs) you can't disable voicemail or change the timeout.  Instead, you can usually set up some "Call Treatments," or "Conditional Forwarding."  I pay metropcs $5/mo for conditional forwarding.  Instead of going to their voicemail system, I forward back to my GV number in any situation that metropcs VM would otherwise have handled the call.  It doesn't always work.  Something like 10% of the time, calls might reach my metropcs VM instead of my GV VM.  I guess it's just metropcs being flaky, but it's an acceptable level of service as far as I'm concerned.