[Discuss] Rob Conery's critique of MySQL?

I'm not a programmer, nor am I a DBA.  I'm a sysadmin.  If I'm
installing a database backend it's either for someone else or it's part
of a larger application.

In the former case I install what the someone else in question wants
because it's not a matter of which is better.  It's a matter of what the
requester wants.  It's not my place to force the requester to use X
unless the requester asks for my opinion or there is a policy in place
that stipulates such requirements.

In the latter case I install whatever follows the dependency chain.  For
example, Mediawiki and RT on Debian depend on MySQL therefore they get
MySQL.  Again, it's not a matter of which is better.  It's a matter of
what I have to support.

--
Rich P.