[Discuss] Cutting the phone line

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 18:16:34 -0700
Rich Braun <richb at pioneer.ci.net> wrote:
> Actually, Google is by far the best free public site in terms of
> authentication technology. They provide 2-factor auth in a couple
> different ways (RSA in a mobile app, plus a fairly cool text-back
> method).
> [...]
> (A burglar who takes your VoIP box might get into your voicemail
> but can't get your email, etc.)

Ah, you can set up two-factor for most Google services but not devices registering with Voice.

I haven't tried Google's two factor stuff.  I have my passwords under control (I developed complex solution, but I use it and it works for me), adding some app to my phone seemed a complication that wouldn't necessarily make matters better for me.

I wish Google would make it easier to connect to voice with device that is more completely under my control.

-kb