[Discuss] Fighting UEFI

On 07/28/2012 01:59 PM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> To be fair, it isn't UEFI per se that is the problem, it is Secure
> Boot.  My current laptop works just fine in UEFI mode and doesn't
> support Secure Boot.  Most current servers also support UEFI without
> Secure Boot.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface
Yes, fair enough, but the point still stands. If manufacturers create a
product that precludes our rights as owners of it, we need to fight
back. Merely boycotting isn't enough, we have to take a bite out of
there profits. If we boycott, our numbers don't amount to much and the
"loss" would be negligible. If we make increase their costs and create
the perception that a larger segment of customers find this
unacceptable, they will question their policies. Nothing makes a point
better than the bottom line.