[Discuss] HDTV's as a computer monitor

    Doug> Can it be done?  Should it be done?  I saw a 36" Sony WEGA
    Doug> HDTV 1080i available on Craigs list.  My 28" Hanns-G probably
    Doug> roasted a capacitor somewhere and now the screen washes out
    Doug> for large sections.  BIG is good, but computer monitors stop
    Doug> in the the 28" range.  Anyone using an HDTV for their computer
    Doug> monitor?  I have a mac mini.

I've connected a computer to my 32" HDTV to watch netflix and youtube.
It's fine for that, but as far as doing email or text editing, you
either have to sit too close to see the whole screen or too far to see
text at normal sizes.

I'm not saying it's impossible to imagine a setup where it would work,
but I didn't achieve one in the few hours I spent with it (admittedly
not trying very hard).

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Einstein explained his theory to me every day; by the time we arrived,
I was finally convinced that he understood it.

Chaim Weizmann, describing a transatlantic crossing with Einstein,
quoted in a New York Magazine profile of Caroline Heilbrun's
death. <http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/n_9589/index2.html>