[Discuss] Question on iPad/iPhone vs. Android

A friend of mine saw a demo of FaceTime on iPhone the other day, now she
wants one. Currently FaceTime is strictly an Apple (IOS) app, and
requires WiFi. Google Talk now has the same capability but also works
over 4G as well as WiFi. There are some other apps, such as Tango that
do the same thing. The issue is that my friend's daughter has an iPhone.
Since I don't have an iPhone I can't check. Does the iPhone have the
capability to run Google Talk or Tango so that an Android device will
work in this context.

Secondly, rather than recommend a new phone, I will recommend either a
high-end Android 10" tablet or an iPad. (No religion please).

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix