[Discuss] XBMC ported to Android

    Tom>   As it sits right now, XBMC doesn't run on Google TV. I tried
    Tom>   running it on both the Logitech Revue and first generation
    Tom>   Sony Internet TV.

I got a refurb Logitech Revue a couple of months ago because I was tired
of how much better my TV worked with my remote controls than listening
to music or watching video.

So far, I have it working well for music streaming and youtube and
Netflix, but not so much for watching my own videos (which I don't have
many of anyway).

The program I use is called Plex, and cost me $.99 for the android
client and the server was free for linux.  I have hopes of getting it
to stream videos some time, but the music worked pretty much out of the
box.

The alternative was getting back to using an old computer with the TV,
but that seemed like much harder work than sending Newegg a little money
for the Revue.  So on the whole I'm reasonably satisfied with my
purchase, but it isn't yet doing everything it's supposed to.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

In keeping with longstanding family tradition, they had not spoken to
each other in many years.

Margalit Fox, describing the two daughters of Wolfgang Wagner in his
obituary in the New York Times, March 23, 2010