[Discuss] Agile software for a nacent project

On 07/12/2012 12:16 PM, Doug wrote:

I think "agile" development is probably the most abusive management
technique ever devised. Sure, aspects of it are good software
development processes, but the implementation is pretty exploitive, in
my opinion. Every "agile" environment I have seen works the engineers to
death. The "scrum" meetings are another form of micromanagement with the
added benefit of peer coercion.

A few years back, a lot of people were excited, but today, I have yet to
meet anyone that doesn't think "agile" is a meat grinder. It burns out
good people and produces poor product quality.