[Discuss] Looking for work

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Matt Shields <matt at mattshields.org> wrote:
> It's not bad to talk about negative experiences, in fact good interviewers
> ask you about these experiences.

Agreed, with a caveat.  Negative experiences are going to happen -
it's how you deal with them that counts.  In the OP's email he said
that he still had a lot of negative *emotions* surrounding the event.
It sounds like those emotions were coloring (probably in a big way)
the way he talked about the experience.  Talking about something that
invokes strong negative emotions will always be uncomfortable -
especially if you just met the person.

> ?It's how you reacted and dealt with a negative situation that they want to
> know. ?If you acted poorly, then of course they may not consider you. ?If
> you found a way to deal with the negativity in a good way, then it's a good
> thing. ?Honestly I believe that negative situations if dealt with correctly
> help you build up.

Seconded.

-Dan