[Discuss] Printer issues

In general I've found that the default printer driver selected is either
the hpijs or hpcups. The Gutenprint drivers suck. I'm suspecting the
printer although the color calibration looks somewhat ok with all 4
colors shown, but the rectangle with balls does not give me much
contrast. In any case I have tried all 5 drivers available. The
Gutenprint CUPS drivers just print B&W. The real problem where I suspect
the printer is that I printer the document earlier in the evening on
Tuesday, then I printed the same document later after I added a couple
of lines and it prints the magenta, but the rest is black. I got this
printer free a number of years ago and bought a third-party toner for
$39l. One issue I noticed the other day when I was printing my bank
statement, and the BoA logo came out B&W. I switched drivers, and it
finally printed it ok.