[Discuss] Class action against "Secure Boot"

On 6/22/2012 3:14 PM, Drew Van Zandt wrote:
> Why on earth would I want to scale it?

What's the smallest point size font you can read on a 15" 1440x900
display?  10 point?  9 point?  8 point?  Now reduce the point size by
half.  Because that's what happens when you go from a 110ppi screen to a
220ppi screen without scaling.

Okay, that doesn't answer the question of why you personally would want
to scale it.  It answers the question of why Apple's customers would
want it scaled.  Because Apple isn't selling the retina MBP to you.
Apple is selling it to Mr. Consumer who can afford to drop 4K on a glass
and aluminum status symbol.

I think a better question is, "why on earth would you want a rMBP?"
Unlike the previous MBP incarnations this one is disposable.  The RAM is
soldered down to the board, the SSD is proprietary, and the battery
packs are firmly cemented to the top case.  Something fails?  Chuck it
and get a new one.

--
Rich P.