[Discuss] Class action against "Secure Boot"

On 6/22/2012 1:45 PM, Drew Van Zandt wrote:
> I want a retina display Macbook running Linux, though.  Screen size (in
> pixels) is my #1 laptop decision-making spec.

Problem is, the retina Macbooks aren't really 2880x1800 in practical
use.  A 1" by 1" image on a standard 15" (1440x900) screen would be 1/2"
by 1/2" on the retina Macbook, except that it scales the image up to 1"
by 1".  The results range from ugly to atrocious.

The exceptions are Apple's own applications which are "optimized" for
the retina display.  "Optimized" means "scaling is overridden by the
application".  Only Apple's own first party applications are so optimized.

If you really want pixels then wait for the IGZO notebooks to start
rolling off the lines.

--
Rich P.