[Discuss] Class action against "Secure Boot"

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Mark Woodward
>
> I was thinking, if Microsoft gets its way, it will use what's left of
> its monopoly power to restrict access to the PC boot infrastructure. In
> principal I have no problem with a secure boot system, as long as I have
> control over what *I* allow to boot. The problem is when *I* have to ask
> or pay someone else to use *my* property the way that I want.
>
> If this roles out and is sufficiently troublesome to freedom, do you
> think we can sue?

I gather you're not an iphone or ipad user.  And if you're an android user,
I can only assume you don't use an of the mainstream carrier distributed
phones - you find something you can cyanogenmod or whatever.

And then there's nintendo, and playstation, and etc etc...

I agree it stinks, but if you refuse to use products like this, you're
confining yourself to a fringe, and you can rest assured there won't be
enough people in your group to sway the product offerings of MS & Apple &
etc.