[Discuss] [Position-available] Sr. Unix/Linux Systems Engineers needed immediately!- Kendall Square

Hello all,

My company, InterSystems is a software company specializing in database technology. We have several Unix/Linux roles avilable at our headquarters in Kendall Square. Please reach out to me directly or feel free to look at the post/apply online through this link:
https://jobs-intersystems.icims.com/jobs/2545/job

Thank you!

Senior UNIX Systems Engineer

Location: US-Cambridge

This key role will support the on-going operation and improvement of our critical departmental and enterprise systems.  Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, this high profile position requires a highly motivated and experienced technical leader.  This position is best suited to a hands-on contributor who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is energized by new technical challenges.
Overview:

Responsibilities:
Ensure the optimized performance of Unix-based enterprise systems
Design, deploy, and maintain new systems
Act as a technical mentor to more junior staff
Monitor and maintain core security and networking infrastructure
Create and maintain utilities for automation
Key Characteristics:
Passion and enthusiasm for new technology
Strong sense of ownership of projects and drive to complete them
Self-starter who takes pride in getting things right the first time
Extraordinary troubleshooting/problem solving abilities
Great communication skills
Customer service excellence

Qualifications:
Minimum 4 years hands-on experience installing and configuring Unix hardware and software
Strong Perl/scripting skills
Strong knowledge of standard Unix subsystems such as printing, mail, DNS, and NFS.
Hands-on experience with enterprise backup solution configuration
Hands-on experience with firewalls/VPN
Hands-on experience with enterprise networking (Cisco preferred)
Hands-on experience with multiple Unix/Linux variants
Hands-on experience with SAN storage
Key Technical Areas
Experience working in a software development environment with many Unix/Linux variants.
Experience with Perforce or other source code system
Experience installing and configuring development environments (compilers/debuggers/tools)
Extensive OS installation and troubleshooting experience
SAN setup and troubleshooting (Netapp/HP/EMC)
VMware experience (Lab Manager/vCloud Director knowledge a plus)
Cisco networking (ASA VPN/Firewall, Cisco switches and routers)
Enterprise backup technology (Veeam/Commvault)
Apache web server build and deployment

Education & Training
University degree or equivalent professional experience
Professional certifications a plus

?We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, membership in uniformed armed services or Veterans? status, or any other class protected by applicable law.?

Regards,
Val Maun | Corporate Recruiter / Sourcing & Campus Recruitment Lead |
Website: www.intersystems.com