[Discuss] Web Maintenance software (for Windows)

On 06/06/2012 12:19 PM, Bill Horne wrote:
> On 6/6/2012 11:35 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>> The BLU hosts several guest web sites. One of our sites does not have a
>> webmaster, and the new webmaster would like to use DreamWeaver, but his
>> copy does not support SSH. Our server allows access only through SSH and
>> encryption keys.
>> What I would like to do is to find a solution for him that does not
>> require the purchasing of a newer version of DreamWeaver.
>
> You can have him instal WinSCP, and script the transfers: see
> http://winscp.net/eng/docs/scripting for details.

He does not want to do that. I'm not sure that scripting will help him.
I think he does have WinSCP installed. I sent him a full set of
instructions last year with screen shots and how to create the keys and
send me the keys so I could install his public key.
He wants to do everything from DreamWeaver, and his version does not
support SSH.
One possible solution is VPN. But I would prefer a more OpenSource
product he can install and use. All the other web masters we have don't
have a problem with SSH other than they lose their keys.But, if we can
use WinSCP scripting to simulate what DreamWeaver wants to do, it does
solve the problem.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix