[Discuss] IPMI network connection

On 05/17/2012 10:40 AM, John Malloy wrote:
> Has anyone out done much with configuring IPMI network connections?
>
> Is this similar to ILO  (Hewlett Packard Integrated Lights-Out)?
>
> Would this help Kurt Keville with his issue  " How can I resume from
> S1 (STR) mode in Ubuntu?"?

I could be wrong, but I am very familiar with HP's ILO. An ILO box has a
small board that is always on. A server with an ILO or IPMI just has
some extra circuitry that is kept separate from the main board. I don't
recall from our discussion last night exactly what system Kurt is using,
but it is similar to a Beagle Board or Panda Board..

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix