[Discuss] More Fun in ZFSland

On 05/16/2012 04:41 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:

Richard, I read this and say to myself, this sounds more like you want
to solve a problem with ZFS instead of wanting to solve a problem the
best way possible. If you want to do it with ZFS because you think you
can, then cool, have fun.

If you want to solve a problem, what is the specific problem? and is
there a solution that is less of the hoop jumping through kind? Usually
when I start seeing the need to do the sorts of things you seem to be
doing, I think to my self, "Someone else must be doing something
similar, it should not be this hard to do." Sometimes I find, yes, no
one else is doing this. Other times I get a "doh!" moment. I'm not
judging, I'm just saying. I get worried about my data when I start to do
"interesting" things with it.