[Discuss] iscsitarget

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Kowalski
>
> I was able to create a 20GB file with:
>
> dd if=/dev/zero of=lun1.img bs=1024k count=20000
>
> I can then mount that iSCSI target on my Windows 7 machine and see an
> unallocated disk which I can format and use.  My question is how do I
> expand the lun1.img file to grow the target to say 40GB, etc?

Be sure to test this on a 1Mb file before doing it on something you care
about, but ...

dd if=/dev/zero of=lun1.img bs=1024k skip=20000 count=35000
or
dd if=/dev/zero bs=1024k count=15000 >> lun1.img

I'm not sure how well windows will handle the live expansion of the disk.  I
suggest doing it while windows is offline, and then run diskmgmt again on
windows to expand your partition.