[Discuss] A Little OT: The Password Post-It

On 4/18/2012 3:57 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Threats don't work, especially when the worst offenders are senior
> management.

Yep.  If you want them to take security seriously then you need to get
them to want to be part of the solution.  Threats and mandatory training
just makes them think that you see them as the problem.

Never mind that getting fired or laid off doesn't exonerate one from
income taxes.  My worst tax years ever were the two years after I was
laid off from my last gig.  First, I was on the hook for income taxes
from my severance and the unemployment checks.  Second, once those ran
out I took money out of my IRA so I got whacked for the income *and* the
early withdrawal.

--
Rich P.